Montville Town Hall
310 Norwich-New London Tpke.
Uncasville, CT 06382
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Telephone: (860) 848-3030 Fax: (860) 848-4534
The Town of Montville is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
The following position is open at the Montville Youth Services Bureau. Successful completion of background check and post-hire physical and drug screening are conditions of employment. Please submit an application to the Mayor’s Office, Montville Town Hall, 310 Norwich-NL Turnpike, Uncasville, CT 06382. Applications can be picked up in Mayor’s office or downloaded from website. EOE
Town of Montville Salary - $10.25 hr.
Youth Service Bureau – Youth Center Assistant approximately: 9-12 hours weekly
General Statement of Duties: This position will be responsible for the general supervision of youth participating in Youth Services programs, primarily the After School Program.
Supervision Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Youth Services Director and Program Developer and the overall administrative direction of the Mayor.
Supervision Exercised: None
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Ability to supervise large groups
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be visible and available for youth at all times and in all settings.
- Responsible for assisting in facilitating programs as needed under the direction of the agency Director and / or the Program Developer.
- Promotes positive interaction among participants.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all visitors.
- Be aware of all activity and supervise / regulate such activity. Ensure those attending Youth Services programs and activities adhere to program rules. Any issues should be brought to the Director for appropriate action. In the absence of the director please report to the Program Developer.
- Adherence to all policies and directives concerning confidentiality of program / service participants.
- May be asked to work an occasional evening/weekend for a program or event.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- May be asked to fill in for other staff vacations, etc.
Although this position allows for some schedule flexibility, it is imperative that the individual demonstrate consistency, commitment, and punctuality in his/her role within our agency and all MYSB programs and events.
Experience and Training:
- Experience working with youth in a supervisory setting preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age & a high school graduate.
This position is for the academic school year only. (End of August to mid- June) Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday from 3:00pm until 6:00pm. Exceptions are holidays, school vacations, and other specifically designated days when the center is not in operation.
For your convenience, the Application for Employment is available to download and print.
| | Share/Bookmark