ALL 2021-2022 DOG LICENSES ARE BEING PROCESSED THROUGH THE MAIL
Procedure for registering by mail:
- Enclose the renewal notice or Click here to view and print the registration form.
- Make checks payable to: MONTVILLE TOWN CLERK
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of tag & license.
- Enclose proof of rabies vaccination* (NOT THE TAG).
*Required only if reminder notice indicates the rabies certificate has EXPIRED.
- Enclose Certificate of Spaying/Neutering**.
**Required only if the reminder does NOT indicate S or N.
- Mail to: Montville Town Clerk, 310 Norwich-New London Tpke., Uncasville, CT 06382
- Male/Female $19.00
- Neutered Male/Spayed Female $8.00
After June 30, 2021 by law there will be an additional charge of $1.00 per month for each month that a dog over 6 months of age is not licensed.
DOG LICENSE RENEWALS ARE DUE DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE
In the State of Connecticut it is a law to license your dog in the Town Clerk's office of the Town in which you reside as soon as the dog has reached the age of 6 months. To avoid penalties and/or fines, please license your dog before June 30 of the current year. Include a current rabies certificate and, if the dog is spayed or neutered, a spay or neuter certificate.
Also, please note:
- If you have just moved into town or acquired a new dog you are still required to register the dog even if it is not June.
- If you no longer have your dog, please call so we can update our files.