Montville, CT

Compliments and Complaints

Commending Exceptional Performance

The best way to commend the performance of a Montville Police Officer is to write a brief letter or email describing the incident and the actions the employee demonstrated which you felt were exceptional. Information such as the date, time, and location will help identify the employee if you do not know his/her name. If you choose not to write, you may speak with the individual’s supervisor and make a verbal commendation. Commendations received will be forwarded to the employee with a copy placed in his/her personnel file. Although our employees do not expect to be thanked for everything they do, recognition of exceptional service is always appreciated. This kind of feedback helps us to know if we are doing a good job.

Civilian Compliment form can be found here.

Making a Complaint

A complaint can be made by letter, email, telephone, or in person. Complaints can be taken by any Montville Police employee, either sworn or civilian. Complaints can also be made by contacting Lieutenant David Radford at (860) 848-7510 or complete the form online and email using this link.

The Civilian Complaint form can be found here.