Marriage licenses are issued in the Town Clerk’s Office for couples being married within the Town of Montville. They must be used within 65 days of issuance and the cost is $50.00.
To obtain a marriage license to be married in Montville please follow these steps:
- Fill out the online application at the link below and click Submit.
- Both parties must then go to the Town Clerk’s Office to be issued the license in person.
- When you go to the Clerk's Office photo identification is required from both parties and a $50.00 fee payable by cash, check or card ($3.00 fee for card transactions)
- Blood tests are no longer needed to obtain a marriage license in Connecticut.
- You will be issued the license the day you appear in person and it can be used anytime from that day up through the 65 day expiration date.
You must schedule your marriage with the person you choose to perform your ceremony. A list of Justice of the Peace may be found at the link below.
Once the marriage ceremony takes place, the marriage officiator must return the license to the Montville Town Clerk for filing the couple cannot file the document.
Certified copies may be obtained after filing for $20.00 each.
If you have any questions please call the Montville Town Clerk at 860-848-6784 or email KSandberg@montville-ct.org