DOG LICENSE RENEWALS ARE DUE DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE
In the State of Connecticut it is a law to license your dog in the Town Clerk's office of the Town in which you reside as soon as the dog has reached the age of 6 months. To avoid any delays or inconvenience to you, and to avoid penalties and/or fines, please visit the Town Clerk's office before June 30 of the current year. Bring along a current rabies certificate and, if the dog is spayed or neutered, a spay or neuter certificate. After June 30, by law there will be an additional charge of $1.00 per month for each month that a dog over 6 months of age is not licensed.
Also, please note:
- If you have just moved into town or acquired a new dog you are still required to register the dog even if it is not June.
- If you no longer have your dog, please call so we can update our files.
- Male $19.00
- Neutered Male $8.00
- Female $19.00
- Spayed Female $8.00
SAVE TIME! Register by mail!
Here is the procedure for registering by mail:
- Fill out and enclose the form. Click here to view and print the form.
- Make checks payable to: MONTVILLE TOWN CLERK
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of tag & license.
- Enclose the renewal notice.
- Enclose proof of rabies vaccination (NOT THE TAG). Required only if reminder notice indicates the rabies certificate has EXPIRED.
- Enclose Certificate of Spaying/Neutering. Required only if the reminder does NOT indicate S or N.
- Mail to: Montville Town Clerk, 310 Norwich-New London Tpke., Uncasville, CT 06382
REMINDER: If you own one or more dogs, please print out and enclose one form for each one. Also, be sure to enclose the proper fee for each.