ALL 2021-2022 DOG LICENSES ARE BEING PROCESSED THROUGH THE MAIL
SEE INSTRUCTION FOR MAIL IN PROCESS BELOW
DOG LICENSE RENEWALS ARE DUE DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE
In the State of Connecticut it is a law to license your dog in the Town Clerk's office of the Town in which you reside as soon as the dog has reached the age of 6 months. To avoid any delays or inconvenience to you, and to avoid penalties and/or fines, please visit the Town Clerk's office before June 30 of the current year. Bring along a current rabies certificate and, if the dog is spayed or neutered, a spay or neuter certificate. After June 30, 2021 by law there will be an additional charge of $1.00 per month for each month that a dog over 6 months of age is not licensed.
Also, please note:
- If you have just moved into town or acquired a new dog you are still required to register the dog even if it is not June.
- If you no longer have your dog, please call so we can update our files.
- Male $19.00
- Neutered Male $8.00
- Female $19.00
- Spayed Female $8.00
SAVE TIME! Register by mail!
Here is the procedure for registering by mail:
- Fill out and enclose the form. Click here to view and print the form.
- Make checks payable to: MONTVILLE TOWN CLERK
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of tag & license.
- Enclose the renewal notice.
- Enclose proof of rabies vaccination (NOT THE TAG). Required only if reminder notice indicates the rabies certificate has EXPIRED.
- Enclose Certificate of Spaying/Neutering. Required only if the reminder does NOT indicate S or N.
- Mail to: Montville Town Clerk, 310 Norwich-New London Tpke., Uncasville, CT 06382
REMINDER: If you own one or more dogs, please print out and enclose one form for each one. Also, be sure to enclose the proper fee for each.