Montville Conservation Commission
Montville Town Hall
310 Norwich-New London Turnpike
Uncasville, CT 06382
Five (5) members and two (2) alternates are appointed to serve 2 year terms.
|Paul Chase||Vice Chairman||U||06/10/21|
|Matthew Emilyta||Substitute Presiding Officer||D||11/14/22|
|Zachary T Sweeney-Lespier||I||06/11/22|
Examples of Duties:
- The Conservation Commission is responsible for the development, conservation, supervision, and regulation of natural resources, including water resources, within the Town of Montville.
- Develops and periodically update the open space and conservation goals to be accomplished in the Town of Montville
- Keeps an index of all open space areas, publicly or privately owned for the purpose of obtaining information on the proper use of such areas and may recommend programs for the development and use of such areas.
- May, with the approval of the Town Council, acquire land and easements in the name of the municipality.
- Promulgates rules and regulations including, but not limited to, the establishment of reasonable charges for the use of land and easements.
- Renders comments to the Planning and Zoning Commission on any development occurring in the Town of Montville which exceeds 50 acres in size.
- Is responsible for the administration of the Montville nature center.